Forums General

3rd Anniversary

Subscribe to 3rd Anniversary 7 post(s), 6 voice(s)

August 21, 2010 12:38

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

As you are all aware, we are approaching our 3rd anniversary. Such a nice journey! Are you guys enjoying it so far? Let us know your thoughts!

Also, who knows what you might get?? But what you would like to get?

Speak up!

August 24, 2010 09:01

828 posts(s)

i hope we get hookers and beer ?

August 25, 2010 13:26

120 posts(s)

Donator

i dont know why i say this again, but anyway it is 3rd….. wow nice guys, i though this year ruby was about to die……
i will said it again, it would be wonderfull to play a world cup league…. america and europe need to battle more often…..
also i would like to see than is worthy to have a big stadium, right now it doesnt make sense… and that is non sense.

anyway, CONGRAS you guys rock bringing a great FREE game, keep it up!!! i hope you guys have more time or you get rich so you dont have to work and all ruby…… jejejjejeje
salud amigos……
GETA is BACK!!!!!

August 26, 2010 16:26

637 posts(s)

As Damago want the Club World Cup so badly, I figured out a new concept. I think it’s only a small change in the system.

This new concept is maybe not the big CWC plan you all had in mind when talking about CWC but it’s a start.

Here what I had in mind:
Play the CL/ Libertadores like it is now till after the groupphase.
- Then the first of each group goes to the CWC, meaning 4 teams of the CL and 4 of the Libertadores. These 8 teams can play a knock out system (5 matches) or 2 groups of 4 teams and the winners of both groups play the final. That’s up to you.

- The 2nd and 3th of the groupphase in the CL (or Libertadores) play the second round in CL (or Libertadores) like it is nowadays for the 1st and 2nd. So only the 4th of each group is out of international competition.

Copa SA and EL don’t change.

So we have a CWC with 8 teams in stead of 2 and the 1st in the CL group is more valuable.

August 27, 2010 03:20

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

@Dirk: that sounds good and easier to implement than our previous ideas. After the anniversary feature and some restrictions for cheaters I may start focusing on that (I know, it should be done by now, but it is never too late).

August 27, 2010 10:22

299 posts(s)

I think the continental competition should still be played to their full despite the addition of CWC. Like Dirk said, group stages should also serve as qualifications for the CWC, but only for the 1st and 2nd place in the groups (8 best teams from CL and 8 best from Libertadores).
The CWC should be played in home/away, elimination rounds. All in all the maximum number of games a team can play will grow from 61 (38 domestic league + 9 domestic Cup + 13 Continental cup including the qualification round + 1 CWC) to 67 games (38 DL + 9 DC +13 CL + 7 CWC)

the Cups spread out format through out the season should be smth like belore:

W1/2 DC R1

W3 rest

W4/5 DC R2

W6 rest

W7/8 DC R3

W9 rest

W10/11 DC R4 Quarterfinals

W12 rest

W13/14 DC R5 Semifinals

W15 Rest

W 16/17 Continental Cup Qualifications Leg1/2

W18 Rest

W19/20 CC Group Stage Game 1/2

W21 Rest

W22/23 CCGS Games 3/4

W24 Rest

W225/26 CCGS Games 5/6

W27 Rest

W28/29 CC Quarterfinals L1/2

W30 Rest

W31/32 CWC 1/8 Leg 1/2

W33 Rest

W34/35 CC Semis L1/2

W36 Rest

W37/38 CWC Quarterfinals L1/2

W39 Rest

W40/41 CWC Semis L1/2

W42 Rest

W43 Domestic Cup Final

W44 Rest

W45 Continental Cup Final

W46 Rest

W47 CWC Final

W48 Rest

August 27, 2010 10:33

299 posts(s)

The format above can fit in the current 48 weeks season. A 52 weeks seasons can be introduced to give teams more room to breath.

The above Cups format is well spread throughout the season.
It gives the best team a tough test of endurance. Having a strong eleven won’t be enough anymore. To make it through all 67 games you basically need 2 strong teams, hence a lot of change is expected in team structures, trade volume etc,

The combination of the later stages between Continental Cups and CWC (example: team plays first the CC Quarter finals, then jumps to CWC round of 1/8, then to CC semis) is also intentional to raise the impact such competitions will have on each other, in addition to the ongoing domestic league.

Most definitely teams will have to prioritize and strongly so :)

Forums General