Forums General

General evaluation of Rubysoccer.

Subscribe to General evaluation of Rubysoccer. 9 post(s), 8 voice(s)

February 02, 2010 15:19

25 posts(s)

Hi all,

I thought i would post my evaluation of this game after playing it for some time.

My general opinion is that the game is way to “slow” and boring. Let me explain:

I have been with the same team in fastticker Bayern München since season 14 and this season out of complete boredom changed to a brazilian side, ok so why don’t i just leave if i find it boring?.. good question :) because i want this game to be better than Soccersim were and because this game have potential to be so. Here are my main arguments:

Dead economy

This game has the most boring economy i have ever seen, it is almost impossible to sell a player unless you sell your 17 year old youth player with 600.000 in starting value for 2 mill. It is impossible to make a profit on a semi strong side by just having standard training facilities and normal salaries, only in weeks with matches is it possible to make a positive result. This is simply not good enough, and makes the whole game frozen and boring.

Way to slow player development

A player develops till he is 27 or maybe even later, i find this way of progress to slow and boring, i am big fan of the SS philosophy where they stop growing around 19/20. Maybe not realistic but it makes the game more interesting, fun and accessible for new players. It takes a minimum of 10 seasons to build a competitive side with the player developing system of today, critical if you want new happy users, they will simply get bored before they fall in love.

Big club clause

Yes i know many of you hate it, but it gives an golden opportunity to find a good player in lower teams, it takes alot of personal effort to find players this way, so it also works as a motivation for dedicated players, a kind of treasure hunt.

General things

Of course the game lacks things like countries, realistic game engine, realistic european tournaments etc. by i dont find that as important as the above mentioned
I know this game is new and made by people who dont do this as a full time so its totally understandable that everything is not in place yet.

The cornerstone of soccersim which made the game interesting for the masses was that you could join the game and relativily fast build up a strong squad with some dedication and luck, find a promising youth in a country where not everybody else looked, now i cannot see how i can build up the stadium, and it takes minimum 10 season to build a competetive side if you start in a new club from scratch NOT ACCEPTABLE if you want new happy users. Each of my clubs economy is going down even without any stupid investments. The backside in Soccersim where that some managers had a billion in their bank account but seriously so what???

This is not ment to be understood as negative but as a debate on how the future for Rubysoccer has to be, so please post you feelings about this topic and let’s discuss.

February 02, 2010 15:50

803 posts(s)

I don’t think it is that hard to build a competitive team from nothing… 30 years old 95+ skilled players are being sold for less than 5M, there still lots of average youngs for free without no one fighting for them… I just think the loan market is still not that attractive for loaners, but there are still great players there…

About the economy, I think it is just taking too long for people to lower prices since the changes made in the game economy…

February 02, 2010 16:38

241 posts(s)

I agree that economy needs a fix, i think the coaching department is too expensive to maintain and its a must because only way to develop players needs decent coaching level. You have to somehow keep selling players to balance your economy.

I dont agree however that players should develop too fast. That would make the game less challenging.

Players develop very slowly with only friendlies but play them in official games as well and they develop pretty good rate. Off course doing that and staying competitive is not easy and you have to make a choice.

Ideal conditions a player can reach near his potential around 22 which is not that bad. I would say with 9 coaching roughly you need 500 friendlies and 50 official games. You can do that in 5-6 seasons.

I just focus on just giving them as many games as i can, I dont accept them to develop every tick that wil make you disappointed.

February 02, 2010 18:22

102 posts(s)

Hi all,

Jakob is right on target with his comments. I’ve been with Napoli since season 14, but interest has been very low for a long time. There is no progress in the game and the development of new players takes decades.

/Alexander

February 02, 2010 23:49

120 posts(s)

Donator

What i see is than today is much harder to build a top gun Team, Before was much easier because youths grow faster than today. I build a much greater Getafe than the one i have today and it is not eassy to level all aspects, stadium, staff dep., sales and buys….. i hated because i have a worst team than before, BUT i think it makes it much better and a real competition. Now, unknown teams win tittles, big teams fall down…. so thats good, thinks changing from one season to another. Before it was always the same team wining tittles or getting to finals.

fix is need it in all aspects, but for me the fun will came with the world club cups and some improvements.
What i hate is new countries, unless you open (i mean start) it when at least 5 managesr apply to join than league. lack of competition just make it so boring…..
also i agree with Filipe but also i understand everything else……
SALUD

February 03, 2010 01:14

241 posts(s)

I think saying “there is no progress in the game” is not fair. Updates like age and stamina effecting players performance are excellent for example . How about press box and auto friendly scheduling etc. I am optimistic that game will improve drastically after some fixes, especially with CWC. We just have to be a little more patient as free users.

February 03, 2010 03:15

299 posts(s)

Building a solid team is first of all EASY and second of all it takes around 5 years. If you take more the you are probably doing it wrong

I picked Valenciennes at the end of season 28 in D2 with only 9 million in the bank. I am about to complete my 6th season with Val and I can perhaps put the best 10 outfielders on the pitch in all RS with an average of 942.4 pts per player. Out of those 10, five are homegrown (recruited young, for free or for cheap prices), the other 5 have been bought in the last two seasons. 3 of those 10 are still growing :)

In these 6 seasons:
Sold players: 24 players for 266 million
Bought players: 14 players for 140 million
Profit from sales: 126 (21 mill per season)
Purchased on free or fired players don’t count
Coaching: Always Level 10

Getting Players
The best way to build a team is to start from scratch. Assign yourself 3-4 to seasons where all you do is raise kids and don’t look at the results.
Season 1-2 are the most important as you build your base. Don’t spend money, there are plenty of options on the free or great bargains for less than 1 million.
Season 3-4 you drop the weak links and refresh the roster with better prospect.
It all depends on how good you are at spotting talents, but chances are if you keep searching at least once a day (2 weeks of game play) then you will find players you are looking for

Playing the Players:
For kids to get best exposure to experience point is to play both official and friendlies. Create two separate teams, each team plays once every two turns, hence each player will play half the officials and half the friendlies in a season (as I said, results and stamina are not important)

By season 3 you start making money selling prospects you don’t like for various reasons. Just don’t be greedy with prices. When you sell, always replace them with another youth for free or for a lesser price.
By season 4 you can start fighting to get to premier league of your country because you know that all you players are improving and when you get to top division in seasons five, you will comfortably be a mid table team safe of relegation.
Season 5 is when you start buying full grown players to fill those holes you couldn’t with your youth.
Season 6, you are an established team: You should have a line up able to compete in 3 competition, able to fight at the top of the table, lots of prospects near completion and plenty of players you can sell in return for better options.

February 14, 2010 13:42

387 posts(s)

My 2 cents to that topic. In a nutshell.

Player development / max skill level
- one reason the TL market is down: too easy to acquire (16-18yro) & develope 90+ players on your own
- still absolutely too many player with 90+ in main skills and secs

- suggested skill allocation at start: mainly 40 to 60, 60-70 rarely, 70+ very rare)
- according to that, a bigger difference between the countries or the teams

Big Club clause
- would be great for small (acquisation vs big teams) & big teams (“stealing”) – one of the ssim fun parts: find a 2 golden star 90+ midfielder in Andorra’s 2nd div

Economy
- major teams with success sould profit from reaching QF/SF/finals and winning trophies, not just by tickets. in RL CL winner earns ~25M Euro (throughout the tournament) by prize money only.
let’s assume this is 1/2 of yearly salaries a bigger team in RL has to pay, consequentially within Fast ticker a CL winner should earn ~13M prize money (~500k/week on salaries = 26M a year).
Teams should profit from success, not just from transfer business
Illustration – i won all titles in S34 in Fast ticker – My balance:
Earnings
Prize money: 0$
Tickets (75.000 seater): ~18M (for the tickets in league/cup) and ~5M (for CL/WC)
Sponsor and merch: ~600k/week = 30M
i guess “Sponsor and merch” is close to an average team in any league, it should be a wider range there, i mean Real Madrid probably earns much more than twice as Real Santander in RL, (just a guess ;-)
Spendings
Salaries: ~30M
Coaching(7)/Maintanance: ~ 16,5
So, despite transfers, a team that wins all national/international titles in a season, that pays more or less normal wages, that has some renomee (the succes in all history) just makes a profit of: 6,5M (18+5+30-30-16,5) a season -
WHAT’s THE ECONOMICAL BENEFIT OF SUCCESS?
I assume the difference to a team that wents 4th in league, reaches Semis in cup and QF in Europa League is marginal.
I would be interested in number of other teams

February 15, 2010 16:00

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Now that I am back, this is probably going to be one of my first todo’s. One thing that you guys could consider is that we currently mostly have top countries. Soccersim had all kinds of countries. If we added some of the crap countries, the scenario would be dramatically affected.

Forums General