Forums General

Player pricing

Subscribe to Player pricing 11 post(s), 6 voice(s)

January 22, 2010 15:43

296 posts(s)

Hi, im sure most of you realise that only super clubs can buy the players they wish. With players costing 50m – 100m and only being worth 15m by the game value (or sometimes alot lower!). I can understand maybe one or two players being worth 50m transfer fee but this is going to kill the game unless we fix it.

Its kinda up to the managers aswell not to put such a high price on players, sure everyone wants the best for their team but surely 30m should be max for alot of those high stat strikers?

Either that or there should be a maximum price put on players from there estimated value. If we all did it senseably then we could solve most of the problem ourselves.

I know my team never has even 10mil in the bank, but dont see this as moaning that my club is inferior, i just dont see the point in looking in the transfer market anymore.

Id like to know peoples views etc?
Thanks

January 22, 2010 16:36

241 posts(s)

Its the long term managers of those “Super clubs” that makes them big. The ticket prices are same in every country everybody starts with small stadium and low level coaching. So if they have money that means they earned it.

However there is an important fact that before player evolution was much faster with no squad limit and many big clubs now made huge banks from player sales in the past.

Now you can not just develop a player in couple of seasons and sell him for big bucks.

Still its seems like the best option to sign young players, develop them later to sell.

Or do what Blackpool does that is to sign every half decent guy on the free market with a huge wage to sell someone with no clue after 72 turns.

January 22, 2010 22:32

296 posts(s)

Yeah i can see were your coming from and ‘Super clubs’ i supposed have the right to be there with managers doing great jobs, i still reckon there should be a cap put on a players, so they cant ask for stupid money.

January 22, 2010 23:17

65 posts(s)

Donator

I think having some sort of pricing control is needed in this game. I like the idea of using a pricing ratio to do this.

It would work like this: the pricing ratio could be set at say 3:1, so if player A has a current value of $1 million, he can be sold for an amount up to a limit of $3 million, if the player is worth $10 million, he can be sold for up to $30 million, etc. I think you get the picture of this idea, so what does this everyone think of an idea like this?

January 22, 2010 23:41

299 posts(s)

The 3:1 ratio is pretty much at work right now. Most good players range around 10-15 million and they usually get selled between 20-30 million. Very few players get sold above 30 million.
As a matter of fact, this is very much a buyers market right now

January 23, 2010 00:07

241 posts(s)

I see some problems If a ratio like that is applied . For example would you sell a promising young player worth 1M for 3M? You pay 200k-300k for coaching every 3 turns to develop the player and you are gonna let him go for just 3m? That would be terrible return on investment. You would rather keep him and that means less transfer activity=boring.

Let the market mature, eventually the prices would go down. If someone really wants to sell a player he eventually has to reduce the price at some point anyway when there is no demand.

January 23, 2010 00:37

65 posts(s)

Donator

You could have a higher ratio than 3:1, I just pulled that out as an example pricing ratio.

Anyway you look at it their has to be some means of placing a price cap on player transfer prices. Afterall management currently gets involved when you try to set a player transfer price which they think is too low, why not have management get involved when a player transfer price is being set too high.

January 23, 2010 11:53

296 posts(s)

Maybe we could have 2 systems? One for under 25’s and over 25’s? The 3.1 ratio would be good for the 25+ and maybe 5.1 for the younger generation. This would bring more stability to the game.

January 23, 2010 13:02

803 posts(s)

I don’t think there should be any control for max price, if some one has a player listed for much more than he worth he simply wont sell him. As well as if we want to sell a player we need to ask a price we know someone will accept… The only danger I believe there is it’s the speculative prices of young players, but there are very few teams that sell their younger players these days.

January 23, 2010 13:27

120 posts(s)

Donator

MARKET WILL SET UP THE PRICE. like always had been.
now the market is low as in a long time, you can find great players with lower tag.
few season ago most of good players was selling between 50 mill and 150 mill,,,,, so it is going down…

It is up to manager, to manage all aspect of the club, and in this case how much you want for a player….

for me all of this IT IS NOT IMPORTANT,

January 23, 2010 13:29

120 posts(s)

Donator

MARKET WILL SET UP THE PRICE. like always had been.
now the market is low as in a long time, you can find great players with lower tag.
few season ago most of good players was selling between 50 mill and 150 mill,,,,, so it is going down…

It is up to manager, to manage all aspect of the club, and in this case how much you want for a player….

for me all of this IT IS NOT IMPORTANT, It is just fair market!!!!

We have to focus in important issues. like match eng. and CLUB WORKD CUP !!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please.,…..

Forums General