Forums General

Future of Rubysoccer

Subscribe to Future of Rubysoccer 7 post(s), 6 voice(s)

December 19, 2009 13:50

241 posts(s)

Hello,

We are handfull of days away from 2010 and i think this game has very promising future. . The developers are really nice guys with full time jobs, maybe doing this for just a hobby or a side project that can bring some income in the future i dont know. My bet is they are just some IT guys with a passion of soccer :)

The fact is its costly and donations are not enough. I was wondering how many of us is ready to pay monthly fee for a game like this.

I for one believe donations is not a solution and i am ready to pay for this game after couple of improvements.

Better Match engine
Club World Cup
Players Morale
Finance

After these implemented the current dimensions can be kept free with limitations and a new one be opened to paying members with all the features.

December 20, 2009 00:03

828 posts(s)

offer the game for free but also offer a vip membership

including in the membership you can see your players development status to see if they are improving fast slow or not at all

include things like personal player training that focuses on up to 3 players per 6 tick that allows you to focus on a certain trait * ie passing shooting ect to better them
and allow 12 per season.

include having more than 5 youth and if your a vip you get 6 or 7

just ideas

December 20, 2009 00:04

828 posts(s)

another idea is have there be an incentive like financial income to team gets increased with vip membership

December 21, 2009 21:38

609 posts(s)

no offence, but if i have to pay you won’t see me here again :) money flow it to low to pair for a game like this.

December 21, 2009 22:02

64 posts(s)

regarding Club World Cup, if in a future there is a plan to implement new nations and new Continents this can work the way it is. if its changed and “any” team can play it, then this will have to be changed in a future. the real Club World Cup is a competition where only the Champions of the Continental competition compete

-UEFA Champions League
-2009 Copa Libertadores
-CONCACAF Champions League
-AFC Champions League
-CAF Champions League
-OFC Champions League
-Winners of the Host Nation League

This is the format, up to right now Rubysoccer has it right, the winner of Champions League and the Winner of Copa Libertadores, the only problem is that there are only nations from these 2 continents. in real life you do not see the second best seeded player of Champions League playing Club World Cup its only the Champion.

To solve this we need more TEAMS. I know that thre are not that many players right now, and that not all the nations will have managers, but there will be one thing for sure,…. the game will be a bit more balanced.

about match engine, there needs to be something done to this. as well as player morale and the finances. (and the transfer market,….the way we do deals)

and about the idea that you need to pay to play, (or to have other benefits such as “VIP”) I think that this desition is up to Danilo and Gabriel. if they think that this will be benefitial to them and they do not lose a lot of managers, then they can do it. but you have to think about it, if there is a fee, half of the managers are not going to be able to play, and then you got yourself a boring game with no managers to manage teams. and give suggestions for improvements.

Sorry for my spelling.

January 04, 2010 19:02

14 posts(s)

iPhone version ftw :)

Ruby is damn slow for the backend processing (right marginais?), it would be great if some logic could be moved to another language to speed things up ;)

Danilo wanted to integrate bugtracking, forums and more in another platform, I don’t know how much he has worked on this aspect.

Finally, as far as my very sporadic contributions are concerned, there should be a new version of the match replay written in Flash (which should look smoother / prettier too)!
(Gabriel: gzip + bytecode all that crappy match replay input format, thanks!)

Wish you all a great new year!

March 29, 2010 20:17

340 posts(s)

Guys, there are some things that need to be solved before going pro and paid version.

1. Copyright issues, it’s just matter of weeks until you get an angry mail from THE (!) FA (read the English FA) claiming you are using copyrighted and trademarked names without any permission, and you have 24 hours to drop it. Then you have received payments and you have to close the shop before really opening it.

2. A Business plan, this involves Danilo and Gabriel mainly and it has to be their choice where they want to take the game. I think it’s too early to go Pro at current time. The number of managers are too low.

3. Other clients platforms may create more hype and bring in more people trying and starting playing the game.

4. Alternative payments /micro payments through a partner, unlocking certain info for paying customers.

5. Time is of importance, remember what killed ManagerSim, it needs time, dedication and money, and the the money part is pretty important. If next step(s) take too long, the risk of seeing a replay of ManagerSim fate could well happen here.

I’ll try to support Danilo and Gabriel as much as I can, they’ve done a great job, because if you haven’t programmed a game yourself, you have NO IDEA how much hard work that is, believe me.

I also think setting up a group of people interested in the future of the game to design some plans would be a good natural step forward.

Regards
Berhan K.

Forums General