Forums General

Youth & Young Players...

Subscribe to Youth & Young Players... 24 post(s), 11 voice(s)

November 27, 2009 12:42

117 posts(s)

I have a few questions pertaining to skill growth:

1) Is there a difference between playing a computer team as opposed to a human-controlled one?

2) Is there a difference between playing a 1st division team as opposed to a 2nd division team?

3) Does the players fielded by your opponents impact growth, i.e. playing a friendly versus a 1st squad as opposed to a 2nd squad?

4) Since youth players have base skills related to the actual country (where he was spawned) UEFA points, when do those changes come in effect? For example, France in FT was 3rd as the beginning but will finish 1st at the end of the season; when would their managers actually notice an increase in the quality of their youth players? Is it progressive over a few seasons or can we already expect improvements in season 32?

November 27, 2009 13:13

609 posts(s)

1. no
2. div2 gets 10% less xp
3. friendly = friendly, offcial = offcial
4. i believe after the season, so season 30 goes in on 31 (if you get a new youth player in 31)

November 27, 2009 13:24

299 posts(s)

Questions 1+2+3

The growth system is different from MS

In RS every players gets 140 pts to grow. Goalies get 120 pts
Players get Growth Pts (GP), by accumulation Experience Pts (EP) in playing games
Friendlies: 1 EP
Home Cup: 2 EP
League: 3 EP
Europa: 3 EP (not sure)
CL: 5 EP

Usually a player needs to collect an average of 15 EP (it can be less, it can be more), to get a growth turn. In a growth turn, the player may gain 1-6 GP

For example: A player who has played 10 Friendlies + 1 League Game + 1 Domestic Cup = has 15 EP pts accumulated

The strength of the opponent and the positions you field players don’t matter

Q4
The changes come into effect next season and only for those players who join your academy next season!

PS: Players in the Academy grow have a faster growth rate than those in the first team.

November 27, 2009 13:37

299 posts(s)

Also:
A Player can unlock only a certain amount of GP per season

For example:

Season 1: 28 GP out of 140= 20% (16 yo)
Season 2: 21 GP out of 140= 15% (17 yo)
Season 3: 21 GP out of 140= 15% (18 yo)
Season 4: 28 GP out of 140= 20% (19 yo)
Season 5: 14 GP out of 140= 10% (20 yo)
Season 6: 14 GP out of 140= 10% (21 yo)
Season 7: 14 GP out of 140= 10% (22 yo)

So, by the age of 22 the player has unlocked all his 140 pts of growth.

1. Players complete their growth between ages 22-24 (there are exceptions)
2. If a player doesn’t unlock all his yearly potential, the remaining pts are passed over to the next season/s
3. If a youth (suppose 19 yo) is not growing anymore the 2d half of the season: It means he has unlocked all GP for that season, so playing him in more games for the rest of the season won’t affect his growth (those games won’t count as EP for the remainder of the season)

November 27, 2009 13:46

299 posts(s)

And lastly: A player needs to play at least 35 minutes to gain experience pts. Basically, a player entering the game after the 55th minute won’t get experience! :)

November 27, 2009 13:50

117 posts(s)

1) I have had players OVER 24 growing in a few stats.
2) Coaching level is also a very important (and expensive) factor.
3) Players DO grow if they are subbed at the 55th minute…but not after correct? Also, subbing at the 55th minute doesn’t affect stamina as much.

November 27, 2009 14:02

299 posts(s)

1. Yes, players could even grow at the age of 30 if they haven’t played enough games in the past, or they always played with 0 coaching level, but as I said this are exceptions. Good majority of players complete growth by age 23
2. Yes, the coaching level (CL), affects the speed with each players unlock their growth pts. At CL 10, a player would grow every 15 EP, at CL 5, he would grow every 30 EP (example).
3. Correct! Not sure about the stamina, but I think that’s correct too.

November 27, 2009 14:12

117 posts(s)

Thanks for the clarifications Dhimitri & Vaughn!

So the whole point of my questions was to see if it was in my better interest to just schedule friendly games at my home with computer teams of 1st divisions…

Actually that brings up another question, any difference between playing a friendly with a 1st division team of Turkey instead of Spain for example???

November 27, 2009 14:14

299 posts(s)

You can’t arrange friendlies with CPUs :)
It doesn’t matter who you play against. All friendlies, even against girlscouts, count as 1 EP. :D

November 27, 2009 18:03

241 posts(s)

Well as far as i know 140 points of growth is on avarage.Not all players have the same potencial. Imagine a guy, say player “A” starts his career with 180 points to unluck with estimated value of 200k. His twin brother player “B” starts his career with just 100 points to unluck but with value of 600k beacause he has better stats looking much more promising.

In the end they wil be equally good but only difference would be player “A” reaching his peak in a later stage in his career.

November 27, 2009 18:47

651 posts(s)

i would like to add a little bit to what dhimitri said… although in fact he has already said everything…

• i think all the calculations dhimitri did regarding player evolutions were under the assumptions that coaching level is high enough to unlock all the potential available in a season
  • players receive twice the experience points for every game they played under the youth academy. for eg, if a player received 3 exp points for a league match, he would receive 3X2= 6 points for each league games he played during his youth academy years.
  • A youth player can unlock 20% of his experience points in academy per season, while he can unlock only 10% after leaving the academy.
    So, a player who has spent more years in youth academy has unlocked more points ( considering he has played enough games) than a player who has spent less time in academy.
    For eg: (lets say coaching level is 10)
    Season 1: 28 GP out of 140= 20% (16 yo) (lets say player was born in turn 1, and played all the required games to unlock his potential )
    Season 2: 28 GP out of 140= 20% (17 yo) (played all the matches in youth academy)
    Season 3: 14 GP out of 140= 10% (18 yo) (contract given on turn 1, so, didnt’ play any matches in academy)
    Season 4: 14 GP out of 140= 10% (19 yo)
    Season 5: 14 GP out of 140= 10% (20 yo)
    Season 6: 14 GP out of 140= 10% (21 yo)
    Season 7: 14 GP out of 140= 10% (22 yo)
    Season 8: 14 GP out of 140= 10% (23 yo)
    thus the growth stops after season 8, but remember this is in the most ideal case. Not all players evolve ideally. Not all clubs have coaching level of 10.
  • And yes, as amacb has said, 140 points is an average. your players could either get more than 140 or less than 140. i have an example of player who has grown 141 points in total. (http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/player_info/69391) this guy was born in bordeaux when i was there. Luckily i had a chance to hire him for once again for Levante.

(and experience points for each national cup game is ( home cup) is 3)

November 27, 2009 22:55

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Fantastic topic, you guys really got the whole idea. Just to emphasize all number are average: 140 points to grow, 20% during academy and 10% afterwards, 15 EP for next level on coaching 10. The number which are not average is the experience acquired from matches: 1 for friendlies, 3 for league and national cup, 4 for EL and CS, 5 for CL and LA and 6 for WC.

September 08, 2010 01:01

39 posts(s)

Donator

Hi Gabriel,

Is the model for youth player development still the same now? I mean, nothing has changed in the rules for how a player develops? Also, I feel that there are less good youth players now coming into the game; is that correct? Have you adjusted values for new youth players starting in academy at any time recently?

Thanks,
Tim

September 08, 2010 05:06

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Nothing has changed recently, the latest changes are having an impact on FastTicker just now, when old star players are retiring and there are not enough young stars to replace them. But you shouldn’t see worse youth players, nothing has changed for the skills of a player who has just joined the academy.

Cheers.

September 09, 2010 11:23

299 posts(s)

I like the impact of the changes on star developments. With less stars around, i believe, there will be more emphasis put on tactics and all around skills, that just game solving individuals.
It’s change, which is always good, makes the game more interesting. :)

September 09, 2010 15:45

340 posts(s)

Interesting ideas of player development, but I have coached kids in real life, so let me write down my 2 cents. :)

I think it’s good to have potential values, that is if everything goes right, the player should become this and that, BUT ONLY if everything goes right. In order for a youth to fully grow as player he should be allowed to take more and more first team space. If that happens and the player is suited for the way of playing (strategy and tactics) and in form, then he can develop to his potential. And this shouldn’t be foolproof either. Just my thought on the subject.

/Berhan K.

September 22, 2010 07:48

639 posts(s)

Donator

I am wondering about the stamina of new young players. I got a good one, but his stamina is 66. Is this just bad luck? Wouldn’t it be better if they all start with 100? Now it’s like getting a new toy but you are told you cannot play with it for a month…

September 22, 2010 10:52

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Well, it would be better, but the idea is that new players are not fit when they join the club.

September 22, 2010 13:52

639 posts(s)

Donator

There are always two questions important for game elements like this: does it make it more fun for individual players, and is it better for the game as a whole. Getting bad youth players is no fun, but it’s good for the game that they exist. Getting good youth players with low stamina is no fun, but would it be bad (or a tiny bit worse) for the game if they start at 90? If you think it is, I have no problems with it, but if you didn’t really think about it I hope you will.

September 22, 2010 21:32

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

No, I don’t think it would be bad for the game. It makes sense to raise this initial stamina a little bit :-)

September 24, 2010 16:57

102 posts(s)

Hi all,

Has the starting value of new youth players been changed in correlation with the new way player prices are estimated?

September 26, 2010 05:08

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Yes :-)

November 22, 2010 16:47

4 posts(s)

Guys,
Excuse me, but one thing is not clear for me. I know that a player starts to increase his skills with ~15 EP BUT:

Player “A” has 15 EP a result of: 3 friendly + 2 cup + 2 league
Player “B” has 15 EP a result of: 15 friendly matches

Will player “A” and “B” have the same growing perspective?

Thanks guys!

November 22, 2010 19:59

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Yes, it doesn’t matter how the player earned the points.

Cheers!

Forums General