Forums General

Free Transfer Discussion

Subscribe to Free Transfer Discussion 4 post(s), 3 voice(s)

November 23, 2009 01:53

287 posts(s)

We need to come up with new ideas about free transfer / player owners.

Normally if a good/great player leave his team (brake contract or end contract) he goes to “gray” market. What happened is that this good/great player receive a lot of proposals and his wage go to $100,000. Thinking about soccer player side, why he will renew a contract to earn 22,000 if he can go to the gray market and receive 100k? It is a very unrealist situation. A striker with 94+ skills in avarage can make much more than 100k per 3 turns. Players like Alberto Chavez will never renew a contract.

What do you think about it?

(I´ll show some ideas later. I want to know some opinios first)

November 23, 2009 02:58

651 posts(s)

players are not as intelligent as we managers are :)

but when you come up with ideas, please also think about those players who have good stats but are still in the free market. Don’t only think about good players who get hired for 100K plus amount ( those are may be 0.05% of total number of players). But those players who don’t get hired are probably 30-40% of total and around 10-15% of those players are good youths and decent players (who are either old or were not given enough matches to improve their stats)

November 23, 2009 11:51

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Talking about free transfers, what are your opinion about what ManagerSim called agent fee? Let me explain for those who don’t know it. When players went to free transfer they were not available for free, but there was a value called agent fee that a team hiring the player would have to pay to the player agent. This value started close to the player estimated value and was reduced over time while the player was in the free transfer. I didn’t like it but I see some benefits in using it, like taking money out of the game, reduce the profit of millionaire teams who hire free players to sell them later, etc, etc.

November 23, 2009 12:29

651 posts(s)

i would give a big NOO

Agents should never get full transfer amount… may be we could pay some percentage… lets say 10%, but 100% will never get my support

Forums General