Forums General

What determines Ball Possession???

Subscribe to What determines Ball Possession???  3 post(s), 3 voice(s)

November 16, 2009 14:39

651 posts(s)

Higher Ball Control ability??
Higher Ball Passing Ability??
Better Player Dribling??
Or is is the Better Overall Player Average??

*If it is ball control, why does my midfield whose ball control ability ranges from 90 to 98 (92.5 average) fail to gain more than 41% of possesion against a team whose midfielders ball control ability 87.5 (counting only the best ones)
*If it is Passing ability, why is my team whose passing ability ranges from 91 to 100 (Avg 97) fail to gain any authority in midfield??
*If it is player dribling, why does my team with a decent average of 89.5 dribling ability does not have any control in midfield…
If it is the Player Average, why does my team having a first team midfield average of 87.25 struggle against a team whose player average are worse?

November 16, 2009 16:07

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Ball possession is simply measured based on how long each team had the ball during the match, considering 10 seconds intervals. For example, let’s take the first minute of a match. If your team has the ball at 0:10, 0:20 and 0:30, at 0:40 nobody has the ball and your opponent has the ball at 0:50 and 1:00, the possession for this minute would be 60% for your team and 40% for your opponent. So there is no single factor to determine ball possession. If your team keeps the ball on its possession by any means (not losing the ball easily on tackles, not missing too many passes, etc) you will have high possession. Which doesn’t mean you are being effective, just that you kept the ball longer with your players ;)

November 16, 2009 22:52

609 posts(s)

most of the times more poss = more wins ;)

Forums General