Forums General

Increasing ticket prices?

Subscribe to Increasing ticket prices? 6 post(s), 5 voice(s)

October 01, 2009 11:15

65 posts(s)

Donator

Currently in game I think tickets are valued at 10 dollars each. I personally believe that this is set to low and personally believe that the ticket price should be set instead at 30 dollars. This ticket price may help teams get the necessary funds for player purchases or stadium expansions quicker and it may also help teams afford higher levels of coaching, scouting and physiotherapy. This may be especially helpful for those teams with low seating capacity stadiums.

I am also wondering what the general consensus would be with others playing this game as to what they consider to be a reasonable price for stadium tickets?

October 01, 2009 13:44

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

The whole economy model needs to be reviewed to make sure the economy stays balanced and with the amount of money available in the game not growing as fast as it is now. There will always be a few rich teams, of course, but we the situation is a little bit out of control now regarding money flow.

That said, you guys can feel free to discuss the ticket prices in our new economy model to be delivered not before next year probably. By the way, if you think it would be cool to be able to set your own ticket prices (given it influences the match attendance) also post it here. That was our original idea, but we didn’t have time to work on it properly so we simply fixed the prices at 10.

October 01, 2009 15:14

71 posts(s)

Donator

I think that would be a great idea, the better your team is doing the higher you could set the prices, obviously no one is going to pay $30 to watch some bottom placed team, but when your doing well…maybe

October 05, 2009 09:33

678 posts(s)

I think it would be a great idea to be able to play around with ticket prices. I guess it could be hard for you to find a way to make it so. For example, when playing the cup semi finals or having a quater final EL/CL game. I think I should be able to ask more money from my tickets.

Some teams will always be rich, that’s called GOOD MANAGEMENT. It’s most likely the same managers who did great with managersim. Some people are just slightly better or committed to the game then others.

October 21, 2009 06:45

25 posts(s)

Donator

this could be a good idea mostly cause when you increase your stadium capacity, you can never get back the cash invested by selling tickets at this price….

for example 100 seats cost 400 000$….
400 000$ / 100 seats = 4000 a seat
4000 / 10$ = 400

a seat cost is 4000$ and a ticket brings only 10$ a seat so you need 400 matches for the 100 extra places to cover the expense

October 21, 2009 10:56

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

It is possible that we return to the original idea of letting managers decide the ticket price, but first we need to develop a good and consistent relation between ticket price and match attendance (considering of course the factors that we already consider like match competition, team quality, league position or cup round, etc).

Forums General