Forums General

1,839,155 from expenses every 3 turns

Subscribe to 1,839,155 from expenses every 3 turns 32 post(s), 10 voice(s)

September 17, 2009 19:38

287 posts(s)

What is the magic? I barely close my budget and the manager of Blackpool (FT) have to deal with all this amount of expenses and don’t brake.

At the moment he loses 1.552.602 (saving 286,553 with 100% wage loan). It means 68,314,488 per season. Of course he can earn a big money selling very good player for more than 40M, but it is not easy to do this a lot.

How much it is possible to make with Merchandise, Sponsorship and 49k stadium?

September 18, 2009 00:26

828 posts(s)

ive been thinking this as well… my wages are low and i have top quality players… and coaching WAS @ 10 but had to lower due to financial losses that were ridiculous..and my stadium is 63,700

September 18, 2009 17:56

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Blackpool is certainly losing money and catching up selling players. He probably has a good amount of money available otherwise it would be too risky to have so high expenses.

September 20, 2009 12:55

678 posts(s)

The admin of the game replies with uncertainty: “he probebly has a good amount of money”. Your the creator. You know how much money he has right :). I guess all Ulisses wanted to know was: “Is this manager not cheating in any way to be able to afford those wages?”.

September 20, 2009 16:24

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Hehehe, of course I know how much money he has! :)
What I mean is, he is not cheating ;)

September 20, 2009 18:13

678 posts(s)

see, much easier and clearer this way :)

September 23, 2009 14:46

301 posts(s)

4 more players picked up at over 75k… i think i’m going to start doing the same thing… drive up salaires of all players….

September 23, 2009 15:17

71 posts(s)

Donator

Thing is, most of us strive to keep player wages down ie. buying young players, developing etc. these 100k wages are ridiculous and not good for the game. And also, the inflation increase in wages when renewing contracts ; How can you have an inflation increase in wages when your not getting inflation on sponsorship and merchandise. Admittedly i’m doing crap at the minute so i dont expect either to be high but i bleed money, i’ve had to decrease coaching to level 9 just so i dont lose as much money every 3 ticks, and i like to think i’ve been quite careful with wages

September 23, 2009 19:22

828 posts(s)

i hope blackpools manager gets fired

he has multi over inflated wages… i have a bigger stadium than him yet dont make that income.

he gets these free transfers at 120,000+ wages which ruins the player because he expects that for the rest of his career.

he loans them out and they never play for his team.

its purely to ramp up his wages to win the player… and then sell him.

but you know what everyone should just boycott his team and dont buy fk all from him

September 23, 2009 19:24

828 posts(s)

another thing is my team has consistantly been 1-4 in the past 5 seasons and i dont get any change in the amount of money from merch.
in fact this season ive recieved less than last season and im doing better.

its fkn bullshit

September 23, 2009 19:42

71 posts(s)

Donator

Surely there should be some board punishment for losing money like that, like for every 300k you lose per 3 ticks, you lose 1 or 2% off your performance %

September 23, 2009 19:53

828 posts(s)

how about a limit in players you can have in your side.

September 23, 2009 20:26

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We have an enhancement planned where a player renewing contract would take his teammates wages in consideration in order to decide how much he thinks is fair. This would make things harder for teams hiring players with such high wages.

@Davison: merchandise is not related to performance, but to players quality

@ChrisP: I understand what you’re saying, but if you have plenty of money to spend why not lose 300k a week in order to afford high departments or high wages?

Economy needs improvements, that’s for sure. I will consider it the third big enhancement to do next (along with match engine and world cup with clubes).

September 23, 2009 20:31

637 posts(s)

It’s his good right to build a strong team by picking up free players. Although it’s frustrating when you see Blackpool in the list of negotiating teams.
He must have some millions that the board allows him to spend such wages.
@ Chris P: he doesn’t loose money according to his board. They give the maximum wage he can spend. So the higher your cash, the more you can spend on wages. This has nothing to do with the permorfance %. The only thing that will end this is a player moral. Every star player want to play and when teams like Blackpool have lots of starplayers they all want to play in the A-team of Blackpool and not as a loaned player in another team. So his players will become displeased and teammoral could become bad.

September 23, 2009 22:09

299 posts(s)

think of Manchester cITY now or Chelsea a few years back and you know it’s just not virtuality we are talking about. And yet, he is, within his right, damaging the rest of us. lol

September 24, 2009 06:48

651 posts(s)

“If you can, do yourself… no one is stopping you”…

If a top player is free in the market, i would be insane not to offer him a contract… well, the catch is that you don’t pay millions to the other team but then you pay a similar amount in wages, which is much cheaper given the amount of time you have to pay back. plus there is increased merchandising revenue because of high quality players.

What i don’t understand is why everyone refers everything to cheating??? Thats nonesense… Everyone goes for free players, and what the hell he has the guts to offer them high wages, he has courage to take more risks than any one of the managers crying foul here. Everyone has their own way of dealing with things.

@Gabriel, I hope changes are made when they are necessary, not just because someone has a different way to play the game. For eg; the board limit ( i was one of those to suggest that, which i think is one of my worse suggestions), now doesn’t allow teams with low incomes to get good players, because they cannot compete with other teams in financial power… But that one player could have been the missing link between a draw and a victory…

September 24, 2009 15:16

71 posts(s)

Donator

I dont tkink anyone is refering to this as “cheating”. I remember a few seasons back i was looking for a good striker, low to mid 90’s shoot. Blackpool had 1, i didnt have alot of money to spend, this player was around 5 mil, oldish, on about 120k a week wages. i couldnt negotiate wages so i couldn’t buy this player. I think good luck to him while he is doing it.
@ Dirk – What i actually meant is, if your losing that amount of money per 3 ticks then maybe your board should punish you, and i agree with the player morale, that would certainly be a great improovement

September 24, 2009 15:52

651 posts(s)

but why?? why should board be unhappy?? , as long as the manager is winning the games and finishing on top…
and regarding the striker you said… its better to look at the broader picture rather than some isolated incident…

Blackpool’s way of dealing with things may not be ideal for everyone else, but santos is doing well enough to win the league… if possible i would be happy to be in his position:)

September 24, 2009 15:58

71 posts(s)

Donator

Yes you are right, it’s not ideal for everyone, and having good players doesn’t get you success – so yes he’s doing well.

September 24, 2009 19:25

828 posts(s)

i dont need to spend 120,000 wages to win a league

whos the better manager… the one that is undefeated and low wages
or the won that is struggling and paying 120,000 wage on most of its players.

shows to me that he has no clue and was just lucky enough to have sold a few players to continue his habit in ruining players… as soon as that player hits the free market agian… no one will be able to negotiate so in turn…blackpool ruins players

September 24, 2009 21:14

120 posts(s)

Donator

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHAT BLACKPOOL manager has to say……
he did good, how long it is going to last…..

Silence is not good for general opinion….because everybody will hate blackpool. COOL!!!!!

for me i dont like they way he is doing things… but i remember another team, liverpool, it was one of the best. he had free player with big salaries. In the end liverpool was all misery….

September 25, 2009 03:03

287 posts(s)

For me it is ok to spend a lot of money if he can and if have eaned this money honestly.

I just post here to warning admins because with this expenses my team can´t hold one season and I was ,and am, curious to know how much earns someone that wins league or stay in top 3.

My 12 position team just have $343,564 + $77,489 every 3 turns (sponsorship + merch).

Maybe if he erns about 1million it is not so bad to burn 1,8 millions.

Because selling 1 player per season for 40millions means and extra of 833,3K per budget period.

September 25, 2009 04:32

651 posts(s)

I don’t understand why people tend to itch their noses when others do things differently… He is not breaking the rules… He is just using the rules to favour him. He is walking on a thin line, but then that has happened to be the optimum one for him:), so as long as his board is happy with him, there is no point swearing against him.

And remember guys, everyone has their own way of doing things. He is paying better wages, that in general life would mean all the best players wanting to play for Blackpool. Just try to think how many good player would like to join a club which pays peanuts and which pays substantial sum…

If you can, beat him at his game plan…

September 25, 2009 06:25

678 posts(s)

I see people talking about 120.000 wage. This was my player. I listed him for 28 mill. He was already 99 shooting and didn’t get much better after I sold. How come nobody was intrested in him then? I meen, I considered 28 mill to be fair, and it took me ages to sell him. When he was on the free transfer everyone was eager to get him. I guess to some degree everyone can be greedy. You all know it’s a wage fight when a player like this hits the free transfer. Why bother to even try if you know the player will get an insane wage? You could have had this nice player for only 28 mill!!! I ask anyone to tell me if they ever seen me in a wage battle? The answer is NO. I rather outbid someone with a player transfer, then outbid him with a higher wage. Just like WITH MANAGERSIM!!

Gabriel, can’t this simply be fixed by not allowing a high wage from your board when you offer a wage? You always see a limit? Why not lower this limit? If you do that, I think there should be something changed with the transfers. How come you can never bid more then the asking price? So that you are able to negociate alone.

September 25, 2009 07:04

651 posts(s)

Scenario 1 :
Player Cost : 28Million
Wages : 25 thousands per 3 turn.

Scenario 2:
Player Cost : Free (but skill equivalent to that of 28 million)
Wages : 120 thousands per 3 turn

Lets do the maths for a 5 Season Period.
Total Cost for player 1 = 28 million + (25K * 48 * 5 seasons) = 34millions

Total Cost for player 2 = 0 + (120K * 48 * 5 seasons) = 28,800,000 = 28.8 millions = 28 milllions approx

(and moreover remember that cost for Player2 decreases every season by a factor of around 12% in average, where as one contract negotiation for Player 1 would increase the wages by similar percentage for the last two season)

Its upto the respective managers to do their maths depending on the resources they have at their disposal. If you don’t have the financial muscle, free market is the only option…

September 25, 2009 11:28

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

@Sly: We plan to split the hiring process in two phases for transfer listed players – price negotiation and wage negotiation. Currently we allow all teams bidding the asking price or more to negotiate, but we don’t let the higher bid negotiate alone (also you always pay the transfer price even if your bid was higher). The higher bid is only an incentive for the selling team to raise the player price. Anyway, what I want to say is that if we allow the higher bid to negotiate alone people could start raising their bids in the last minute in order to be the only one negotiating wages. It’s a hard problem to solve :D

Maybe there are too many reasonable players on free market or maybe too many managers are out there just waiting for a good player to be fired/released. There has been suggestions to allow a team to have more than 30 players or have less youths or reduce the time a player is available in the free market before disappearing from the game. We will end up doing some of these when we review the economy model.

September 25, 2009 14:16

71 posts(s)

Donator

“Anyway, what I want to say is that if we allow the higher bid to negotiate alone people could start raising their bids in the last minute in order to be the only one negotiating wages. It’s a hard problem to solve :D”

Anyone can put in a higher bid, i remeber with ms getting up at daft o’clock to make sure i was the highest bidder, it’s part of the fun of the game, it should be x amount over transfer price to negotiate alone, ie 1 mil.
I personally think this would be a good improovement

September 25, 2009 14:21

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Well…thinking about it this sounds like a good idea. And if you don’t wanna check right before the tick if you are the highest bidder you better make sure your bid is high enough :D

September 25, 2009 15:44

120 posts(s)

Donator

I like the idea.

I think is easy to solve the problem.

When a manager outbid the asking price the period of waiting will be 3 turns now again.

what you think?

maybe if nobody see a problem will be easy to implement, but just maybe.

salud2

and thanks Gabriel for you reply about world cup.

September 25, 2009 17:10

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I don’t like the idea of making a 3 turns waiting period again, people could use that to postpone negotiations forever :D
Other than that the idea is possible.

About the world cup, you’re welcome! Not sure which one to pick first, match engine or world cup…match engine sounds more important as it affects everybody…enough, let’s not change the subject here.

Forums General