Forums General

Better Second half of the season????

Subscribe to Better Second half of the season???? 3 post(s), 3 voice(s)

August 15, 2009 03:58

651 posts(s)

This is my second season in Spanish Primera Division, and i have noticed some unusual similarity between first and second season. I am not sure but then every season my team (which is quite young, but underdeveloped) starts with losses, and always finds itself in relegation zone. But then in the second half of the season, that thing changes dramatically.
Yes, last season for the first half of the season i was in the relegation zone, but eventually finished 14th. This season i was in the bottom of the table for first 14 or some games, then started crawling back (getting 6-0, 6-1 results), now i am in 13th. I might also go down, or may be move up, both are possibilities.

Just wanted to know why is this trend occuring every season???

• One reason might be that league is competitive, (which i don’t think is the right answer, coz i have been getting results with huge differences, wins at 5-0, 6-0 etc and even losses at the same rate, although there have been some close results too)
  • Another reason might be my coaching skills, which is at 9 compared to 10 for other teams. Since 10 level teams improve better in the first half of the season and the 9 level teams improve slightly slowly. I am not saying level 10 teams do not improve in the second half, but then, may be they earn all the “earnable” or “potential” points sooner than other coaching levels.

Apart from that i don’t have any rationale explanation as to why is this happening. I guess i got a couple of players from free transfers and bought one, but they are not necessarily better than those i have with me. And also i have sold a couple of mine as well… So, the transfer activity has been pretty much even so far and the core of the team hasn’t changed much.

i know its difficult to explain and the season is still on. i might still end up getting relegated, but then curiosity got better of me:)

August 15, 2009 04:12

287 posts(s)

My guess:

- your youths are getting better
- you have played the hardest games outside and in the second half you are doing this games in home stadium (+3 points in every skill)

August 15, 2009 09:28

609 posts(s)

You don’t get +3 anymore in home games, it’s -3 in away games now.
It is possible that your youth players are getting better, but there are aslo alot of other things to consider besides lvl 10 and 9 coaching. Lvl 10 and 9 isn’t a big of diiference ;)

Is your stamina better then the opponent? Are you playing home or away? Are you playing with different tactics for home and away games? Are your tactics suitable for your players? And alot more that u can think of…

I won’t go into details or i spoil to much ;) Hope this helps.

Nicky

Forums General