Forums General

More than 70 shooters with 97+ skill

Subscribe to More than 70 shooters with 97+ skill 14 post(s), 5 voice(s)

July 22, 2009 14:42

375 posts(s)

I decided to make a scout search of players with 97+ shooting. WHy 97 ? Because I think there are more than 100 shooters with 95 skill. And it looks like the game is full of…well 97 and higher looks like a guy is a supershooter…the FT gameworld is filled with guys who can score a goal from long distance without any effort. I think it would be better to have the average skill decreased =)

July 22, 2009 18:00

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I think the average is ok, but we could reduce the “standard deviation” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_deviation) making it harder to have superstars or crap players at the end of their evolution path.

July 25, 2009 18:45

375 posts(s)

Just do it =)
Or give them 100 points instead of 120, or make smth else plz =)

July 26, 2009 00:17

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Just did it, reduced the standard deviation ;)

July 26, 2009 07:43

375 posts(s)

Cool, now any existing youth is…priceless =)))) I wonder when we are able to see the difference….in 15 seasons ? =)

July 26, 2009 14:57

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

About existing youths, you have to consider 2 things changed, it will be harder for a new youth to start with high skills and it will be harder for new youths AND existing players that are still improving to get much more than 20 points per skill ;)

July 26, 2009 16:47

375 posts(s)

I hope fellow managers wont be angry at me and think that they have craps youths thanks to me…but…I would appreciate if they think so =)))

July 26, 2009 17:08

241 posts(s)

“….AND existing players that are still improving to get much more than 20 points per skill ;) "

Sorry but I didnt like this part :/

Gabriel i would appreciate if you make a poll before making major chances in the game and see what majority wants. Imagine people spending their hard earned cash on promising players only later to realize that they dont have much potencial :/

July 26, 2009 17:18

241 posts(s)

By the way we dont need to nerf everything to slove this problem i think. The fact is attackers are really overpowered in this game.. Even you have a great defence with 95+ tacklers you still let in 20+ shots some games and their rating sucks. Thats a shot every 4.5 minute having great defenders.Also you dont know how efficient your midfield is. How many assists they get? How many of the chances you create is based on your attackers tackling the opposition defense? We see attacker scoring 100+ goals in a season but how many clean sheets a top golie and defence combination have in one season?

July 26, 2009 23:36

803 posts(s)

If I read correctly reducing the standard deviation of players development you are reducing the risk of the player don’t reach the 20 points skill evolution. I would prefer to reduce the mean better than the standard deviation, as I think this risk is a good thing and without it is just a matter of sum 20 points each skill to know how the player will be…

Regards

July 27, 2009 01:38

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

@Filipe: Interesting point, but if you think about it lots of players should be similar and just a few should be stars, so reducing only the mean will not change the fact that there are too many good players. This is a controversial subject, as always.

@amacb: what I meant was, the average number of points earned per skill is still twenty, I’ve reduced the chance of an improving player earn much more than 20 points. I don’t know the exact numbers, but it would be something like, before the player had a 10% chance of earning 25 (or 15) points instead of 20, now this chance is 8%.

July 27, 2009 14:33

375 posts(s)

Hmm, so we will have 20% less stars ? Or my math is wrong ?

July 27, 2009 14:43

651 posts(s)

hmm… maths should be correct but the interpretation could be a lil bit different.
i guess a youth player now has 20% less chance of developing into a star… ( is that any different from what u said, literally yes, but then i am no linguist;) )

July 27, 2009 16:16

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

You guys…I told you these are not the exact number, I haven’t done the math :D

Forums General