Forums General

Player Rating question

Subscribe to Player Rating question 6 post(s), 3 voice(s)

June 28, 2009 12:27

678 posts(s)

I read a while back gabriel fixed the rating so it was more accurate. There is 1 thing I have noticed. When it comes to rating, defenders generally are rated much lower then attackers. Some of the best defenders in the game only have a 6 in rating?
Can I conclude, that when it comes to ratings. Scoring goals like an attacker is just rated higher then making a great tackle and preventing a goal as a defender.
I think in some way, this is slightly unfair. I wouldn’t mind having a more accurate know how of how my defenders are functioning and having more accurate rating for defenders aswell. They are just as important :)
Regards,
Sylvain

June 28, 2009 13:08

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I haven’t deeply analyzed it yet, but I’ve had defenders as man of the match a few times, specially when the opponents make few shots due to good tackles from my defenders.

June 28, 2009 16:16

678 posts(s)

Yes, but it will still not compare with Attackers. It will never happen that a defender has more “man of the matches” then an Attacker at the end of the season. Still, wonder if there is a logical mathematical reason for this. Perhaps with the current way of coding, it’s impossible for a D to get a higher rating overall at the end of the season then a Attacker?

June 29, 2009 01:20

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Well, not impossible, but maybe we’re doing like you say, scoring a goal counting much more than preventing a high risk goal situation.

July 14, 2009 07:02

375 posts(s)

Well, that’s what is funny:
My center attacker scored 9 goals in 6 matches and has an average rating of 8.35
My wing attackers:
RC scored 7 goals in 6 matches and his rating is 7.08
LC who comes only on a substitution after the 45th minute scored 5 goals in 7 matches and has 6.35 rating
So it is a fact that central players get higher ratings. In fact, in America-RN my attacker could score quite rare and have average ratings of 9 just because he played in the centre…

July 14, 2009 10:41

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Usually players that participate more in the match receive higher scores, unless their participation is really bad :)
I have some ideas to improve the rating system again, I’ll register it in our bugs/enhancements list.

Forums General