Forums General

Is this based on SSim?

Subscribe to Is this based on SSim? 3 post(s), 2 voice(s)

June 12, 2009 09:41

2 posts(s)

Hi,

sorry if I’m asking something rather obvious or already discussed but I’m a new arrival here.
This game seems based on the later Soccersim, which I played for several years, from Peter Strand’s early betas to the RG fiasco and later back to the betas, untill Strand ended it.

It surely seems similar, although it looks more simplistic (which isn’t negative anyway).
A couple of things seem unfortunately poorer, but you are probably working on it:

1. the world size – having so few cuntries really limits the ability of smaller clubs to locate and developt younger talent. SSim used to have a much wider world, good for smaller clubs. Anyway the arrival of brasil and argentina is a good upgrade.

2. youth coaching method – developting kids seems now a little more passive, although the experience points is a good add on that allow us to keep track on our players progression. Nevertheless, the late method of coaching younger players individually used to pay of.

Keep up the good work, nice to come across this game.

PS – mere curiousity: why Ruby (soccer)?

June 12, 2009 10:39

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Welcome, Mauras!
Me and Danilo used to play Soccersim when it was already called ManagerSim, and we loved it. We started to the develop this game before the end of MS but it was only when that happened that we took it seriously. Even though there are several similarities we wrote this from scratch. Peter Strand only gave us his his European data like player names and surnames lists, leagues and cup names.
Regarding your comment about the world size, we have few countries just because we’re still growing and don’t have enough users to populate a bigger world. It is better when most teams are controlled by human managers. More countries should be added soon anyway, it will certainly improve the game experience.
The name RubySoccer is inspired in the language we use to develop the game, which is called Ruby. Now if you ask me why soccer instead of football…well, I guess we talk too much with people from U.S. :P

June 12, 2009 11:11

2 posts(s)

Ahhh,

Bom sendo assim mudo para o português :).
Boa notícia até porque saber que o jogo é inteiramente novo dá mais alento, o SS já cansava um pouco, muito previsível em alguns aspectos.
Bom trabalho este, vou então acompanhar e estudar, dando sugestões.

Vocês estariam interessados em fazer uma parceria com um grupo Português? eu trabalho num dos maiores jornais do país, e a administração gostaria de lançar uma liga fantástica. Eu penso que uma liga fantástica é algo ultrapassado, penso que seria mais interessante lançar um jogo como o Ruby/SS, customizado à liga portuguesa, todos os anos, com prémios e possibilidade de montar uma liga com amigos. Era algo que gostaria de estudar. O jogo está simples, mas penso que a simplicidade é ideal para esse tipo de iniciativa de massa.

abraço,

Forums General