Forums General

board expectations

Subscribe to board expectations 20 post(s), 10 voice(s)

May 24, 2009 22:46

7 posts(s)

i’m managing valenciennes in mediumticker and my boards expectations are way to high (champions league and cup semis)and even though i have filled out one of them by reaching the cup semi-finals I still have ‘’you are doing terrible’’ written. I have a good team but my team is not that good to make it to the champions league, and i’m doing a lot better this year than last year but for some reason my boards expectation went up from last season and i finished around 14th last year

May 24, 2009 23:22

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

My board expectations are way too high as well in my opinion. In my case I know the reason, I have some players with excellent secondaries but lacking on main skills. Besides that I have more than one excellent keeper while most teams have only way, so the board evaluates my team quality above the average. Maybe it’s your case.
When you fill one expectation you don’t earn extra points, it’s kinda like you did your job, as expected, you probably earned some points from the victories you had until you reached the semi-finals. My expectation was to fight for the title last season and I ended up in 8th place and even though I reached the finals in the National Cup and Libertadores I lost both, which cost me lots of points cause, according to the team quality formula, my team was much better than my opponent.
Good luck for us both!

May 26, 2009 17:24

55 posts(s)

Donator

You were not lucky enough Gabriel. :)

June 30, 2009 20:50

241 posts(s)

Gabriel can you please explain if the board expectation affects your sponsorship income or not? I am making 150k on avg right for some time now and i am wondering if its normal or not.

July 01, 2009 00:36

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Not at all, sponsorship is directly related to your team’s score in the teams ranking.

July 01, 2009 01:35

241 posts(s)

Ok thanks..

September 18, 2009 14:06

637 posts(s)

My international expectation: “improve the squad”. Never seen this before. A new one? I guess my board don’t expect anything at all in Europe this season.

September 18, 2009 14:12

71 posts(s)

Donator

I had that in medium ticker a couple of seasons ago, and believe me my squad needed improoving

September 18, 2009 16:42

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

That’s exactly what it means, they don’t expect anything for this competition…

September 20, 2009 14:20

678 posts(s)

“Not at all, sponsorship is directly related to your team’s score in the teams ranking.”
Could you say that again? How does this work? The more succesfull I am there more sponsorship I get? I’ve won the league plenty and the cup, but last 3-5 seasons my income has decreased. With income I meen Merchandise+sponsorship. And…team ranking….as in ranking in the world? Or ranking in the league? Could you please tell me some details.

September 21, 2009 00:48

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

The sponsorship value is directly related to the team score in this page: http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/manager_ranking?page=1&ranking=T
Merchandise value has to do with average player quality…not all players, just the best ones for each position…how many from each position is a secret ;)

September 21, 2009 01:11

651 posts(s)

shouldn’t that be related also with the current league rankings.
i feel team rankings, current league standing and Country Rankings all should be decided as the factors…

September 21, 2009 02:04

65 posts(s)

Donator

Team sponsorship should be related to the teams ranking within its own country not its global ranking.

September 21, 2009 04:37

828 posts(s)

i agree cos who the hell cares what the rest of the world thinks of your team… its about the city you represent and the country your in.

rank it internally in country and have attendance be based on results and where in the table you are.

also id like to see a salary cap in place. for wages of 100,000+ for players… who the team just puts up on loan cos they cannot afford that wage but did it to get in the player and then loan him out… then to sell to make profit… that to me is a cheating of the system..and a waste of a player

September 21, 2009 14:59

678 posts(s)

Big compagnies rather sponser teams like Barca or Real, because they get far in CL and get lots of publicity. Who cares about small teams like sunderland or Brest….

This is just fine. In our fictional football game this can apply just fine. Nike would rather sponser teams like napoli, Hertha or Brest, who manage to always do well in the champions league. They rather not sponser smaller teams like Sunderland or Levante who don’t represent there brand aswell, like the big teams could. Nike wants to be “linked” to the best. It’s simpel marketing :)

September 21, 2009 15:52

828 posts(s)

werid because Sunderland Brought Umbro to the Premier league and Sunderland has one of the biggest Fan bases in the world

September 21, 2009 16:29

651 posts(s)

Well, sponsors want to be associated with the winning team regardless of their rankings in the books of UEFA.
Who cares where Manchester city are at the UEFA rankings, but then tell me a single sponsor that doesn’t want to be associated with it.

My point is that if the team is doing well in the league the current season, then its team ranking should be overridden. “Team Rankings” generally represents the past and past should not influence the current performers.
And i would also say that if a team suddenly perfoms below its usual level during a particular season ( for eg, a team ranked top 10 in the world rankings finished 10th in the league ), then its income should not dip down too much.

September 21, 2009 23:02

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Interesting discussion, we should keep it going a little bit more before taking any actions :)

September 21, 2009 23:14

65 posts(s)

Donator

You also have to take into account sponsorship that comes from companies with a sales base only within the teams country itself. As not all sponsorship comes from global multinational companies who are interested in a teams wider global exposure.

September 22, 2009 15:48

678 posts(s)

@Davison: “Sunderland has one of the biggest Fan bases in the world”

Where did you read this nonsense? They are not even in the top 10. Read it here: http://www.futebolfinance.com/en/o-numero-de-socios-dos-clubes-2009/

Forums General